Video for “Resist Ants” off 2016’s self titled Parlour album made in collaboration with Alex W.G. Rickel. www.wgrickel.info
I’m pleased to announce that our 5th studio album, self-titled “PARLOUR” will be available worldwide June 17th, 2016 on 12″ Vinyl, CD, and MP3 formats. You can PRE-ORDER at Temporary Residence Ltd’s website here.
In the interim, I present the first single, “FEMPIRE”.
Recorded March, 2015 at La La Land with Kevin Ratterman.
Many thanks to Phil Cooley for the beautiful cover photo, Thaniel Ion Lee for the interior illustration, and the Temporary Residence family for helping bring this to completion.
We will be having a album release show on June 18th, 2016 at the Zanzabar in Louisville. Our friends from Nashville, The Ascent of Everest will be joining us. See event on fb here.
Here we are following a tracking session at La La Land in March of 2015.
Back in March and April of this year we recorded 9 tunes for the upcoming album at La La Land with Kevin Ratterman. The album will consist of 7 tunes on the vinyl edition and there will be two bonus digital only tracks. We are aiming for a Spring 2016 release on Temporary Residence, LTD.
As far as shows go, we are working on some dates in November. Stay tuned for update. Meanwhile, we are writing new material.
In order to facilitate donations to Jon’s son, Thurston, I’ve had Jon’s sister, Rhonda Alonso, create a Paypal account to accept donations for him in an easier manner. She has set up a trust fund for Thurston, now 7, which will hopefully mature enough to aid him at age of 18 in covering costs of his secondary education.
It’s been brought to my attention via a kind email that I’ve not added any new posts to this site since July 2012, so here it is in the form of bullet points!
- Content for the forthcoming album is about 60% written. It is my goal to record sometime this Spring 2013!
- Brian Sweeney (Lucky Pineapple, Another 7 Astronauts) has joined as keyboardist and we’re quite smiley about this. He’s so awesome it’s like getting 2 for 1!
- Due to highway robbery, our lovely label, Temporary Residence, has pulled all it’s tunes from streaming services such as Spotify and Rhapsody, as they do not benefit the bands they stream at all. One would have to stream one Parlour song 157 times to equate the profit gained from the sale of 1 digital download of same tune. Hopefully a more artist-centric streaming service will come into existence in the near future. Meanwhile. I recommend purchasing directly from the label. http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/
- I invite all fans to “Like” Parlour on our facebook page. There’s a pretty dismal number of likes so far. Perhaps if it increases, we’d be able to secure a booking agent who could help us get out of town more often.
- And while you’re at it…follow us on Twitter!
That’s all I have to share at the moment. Thank you for tuning in!
Friday, July 20th at the Pilot Light in Knoxville, TN with Shedding and Dolphin Ryder
Saturday, July 21st at the 529 in Atlanta, GA with Shedding (Louisville), Old Baby (Louisville), Stallone (ex-Cavity/Torche) & Liverhearts. This show is being put on by Chunklet industries.
Hello friends. Much has happened since I last posted. Our last show with Lee Gutterman on keys happened on Derby Day at the Mammoth, a fantastic new warehouse space. Since then, we’ve picked up Brian Sweeney, of Luck Pineapple/Another 7 Astronauts on keys.
We have a show booked at the Chestnut House on June 23rd with Karass and Noah Baker of Noise New York, but cops have been cracking down on the venue and they’ve been forced to cancel all shows this month. So…we are currently seeking an alternative venue.
July has Parlour leaving town for the weekend of July 20th-22nd. We’re bringing along, ex-guitarist, Connor Bell to treat us with some SHEDDING music.
- Friday, July 20th at the Pilot Light in Knoxville, TN
- Saturday, July 21st at the 529, in Atlanta Georgia. A Chunklet show featuring our friends Old Baby along with Stallone (ex-Cavity & Torche) & Liverhearts.
- Sunday, July 22nd at the Hiwatt Club in Nashville, TN. We share the bill with the epic The Ascent of Everest, Gold Room, and hopefully Old Baby as well.
January 27th at Lisa’s Oak Street Lounge in Louisville, KY
Louisville Experimental Festival
The Tiles (Joe Meredith, etc.) – 9:30pm
clarksmithy (Eric Clark) – 10pm-ish
Electric Inertia (Cincinnati, OH) – 10:30pm-ish
(Parlour) – 11pm-ish
February 11th @ The Haymarket Whiskey Bar with Opposable Thumbs
March 11th @ The Chestnut House w/Straight A’s, Life at Home, & TBA – ALL AGES!
10 months since our last show, Parlour has been reconfigured with a new drummer (Greg Morris) and synth player (Lee Gutterman). We are eager to commence playing out again with a couple new tunes and some oldies but goodies.